Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Where are The Bangles When You Need Them?



They could sing that "Hazy Shade of Winter" song or maybe "Eternal Flame?"


One of the people I care about most in the entire world is going through one of the most horrible seasons of life right now. And at a really crucial time. Try as I might, my incessant chatter is only making things worse. All the cute texts of Sweet B doing toddler things is wearing thin. 


Because of my un-diagnosed Aspergers Syndrome, I continue to offer these words, genuinelly:


I'm sorry. 
I wish I could take the pain away. 
I would trade you places if I could. 
It's okay to cry. 
I wish you would cry. 
If I cry, would you? 
I hate you and you are a bad friend. You look stupid in that top. 
Does that make you want to cry?
Fine. Don't cry. Crying is for evolved people. I thought you were. 
DAMNIT. CRY!!!!!!! You will feel better. 
Wanna get drunk? I kind of do. A nice day drunk? Maybe a tank top.cut-off kind of day drunk?
No? 
Fine. 
I'm here. 
And I can be there in 5-hours flat. Sans toddler. With provisions.......
You know what that means.... Buffalo chicken dip with extra ranch!


I love you. I pray every night that God takes your pain away and helps you understand his plan. Don't lose faith. I didn't. And he gave me the best thing(s) that have ever happened to me out of the worst thing that has ever happened to the person I love most. I don't get it either, but we don't have to. We just have to believe. 


Photo: Cleverhandpress

No comments:

Post a Comment